Defining seats

William Jon McCann mccann at jhu.edu
Thu Jan 25 12:14:48 PST 2007

Hi,

On 1/18/07, William Jon McCann <mccann at jhu.edu> wrote:
> Another question we need to answer is:
> "Where and how are Sessions associated with a Seat?"
>
> At the moment, all locally attached sessions (ie. not XDMCP) are
> assigned to Seat1.  So, we haven't really tried to answer this yet.

Here's an idea that is essentially an amalgam of the techniques used
in menu spec, fdi files, and pam-console's console.perms.

What if we just statically define each seat and use matching criteria
to add new sessions to them?  The definition file might look something
like the attached file.  Possible problems with this are a) what if a
session matches the criteria for more than one seat b) what if a
session doesn't match any seats.

Not sure if this is a good idea yet.  What do you think?

Thanks,
Jon