HAL and INPUT

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 07:29:21 PDT 2007

2007/7/5, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com>:
> On Thu, 2007-07-05 at 15:50 +0200, Arnaud Quette wrote:
> > [adding the LIRC list]
> >
> > 2007/7/3, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com>:
> > > Or we can rip out all the input parts from HAL (but keep keymap) and
> > > just reply on querying XOrg for buttons and state.
> > >
> > > Comments please,
> >
> > as a side note, I'm also interested in this, since I'm considering the
> > inclusion of Remote Controls support through LIRC. Any input welcome.
>
> LIRC is userspace. Is it possible for LIRC to squirt the data back to
> the kernel using uinput and then we can all just use INPUT or X?

that's considered by Christoph Bartelmus (grep for uinput):
https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=AIxEFo19UOB%40bartelmus.de&forum_name=lirc-list

but I thought I heard there was a move of some input things into HAL
that would be used by X guys (don't recall if it was just for devices
detection, or also for event feeding...)?!

I've been away from the HAL list for long...

Arnaud
Ubuntu Media Center (UMC) Project Leader - https://launchpad.net/~umc-team