Logitech mouse information FDI and question

Nicolas Trangez eikke at eikke.com
Wed Jul 11 06:46:14 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-07-11 at 14:40 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-07-11 at 14:12 +0200, Nicolas Trangez wrote:
> > Next to this, what's the final call on adding the Logitech mouse
> > resolution changing as a method in HAL? Does it belong in here, if not,
> > where should it be added?
>
> Can you use info.parent? See
> http://people.freedesktop.org/~david/hal-spec/hal-spec.html
I guess this refers to the first question regarding the FDI?

Thing is resolution and "smartscroll" features belong to a mouse device,
not to "some usb device". If my mouse device (the one with the
input.mouse capability)
is /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_46d_c00e_noserial_if0_logicaldev_input, now the keys specified in the FDI are attached to /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_46d_c00e_noserial (the bare USB device), where they don't belong, but the product_id and vendor_id are the only values I can match on.
What I'd want: be able to say in the FDI something like "if an USB
device is found with vendor_id X and product_id Y, merge these keys into
all child devices with the input.mouse capability".

Obviously now one *could* go up in the HAL tree 2 levels, starting from
the mouse device, but it's not logical at all to find these keys there.

Nicolas