make check addition for keymaps

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Tue Jul 17 08:57:08 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-12 at 12:52 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> It appears we already have many keymaps being submitted with incorrect
> keys:
>
> Checking keycodes in 30-keymap...
> Checking file : ./30-keymap-misc.fdi : PASSED
> Checking file : ./30-keymap-dell.fdi : FAILED
> displaytoggle displaytoggle displaytoggle autobrightness displaytoggle
> ejectclosedcd ejectclosedcd hibernate
> Checking file : ./30-keymap-module-thinkpad-acpi.fdi : FAILED
> lock lock lock lock lock lock lock lock lock lock wifi wifi eject wifi
> Checking file : ./30-keymap-module-sony-laptop.fdi : PASSED
> Checking file : ./30-keymap-compaq.fdi : PASSED
> Checking file : ./30-keymap-dell.fdi.orig : FAILED
> displaytoggle displaytoggle ejectclosedcd
> Checking file : ./30-keymap-lenovo.fdi : PASSED
> Checking file : ./30-keymap-module-asus-acpi.fdi : PASSED
> Checking file : ./30-keymap-hp.fdi : FAILED
> lock lock
>
> I've attached the self check script I've used for review. My bash is
> pretty shocking, but seems to work well. Suggestions and comments gladly
> taken. I'm not sure whether to add in a quirk-keymap-list.txt file, as
> it will need to be manually updated.

Sounds like a pretty good idea to me. Some more suggestions

 1. test script should live in tools/ and use $(srcdir)
 2. cannot make assumptions that hal is installed side-by-side with
    this - vendors may want to run 'make check' in a buildroot
 3. there's a harcoded path to your home directory somewhere; maybe
    quirk-keymap-list.txt should be tools/known-keymap-entries.txt
 4. various other things others suggested

Thanks,
David