hald-addon-acpi dying

Hannu Lyytinen hlyytine at cs.uku.fi
Thu Jul 19 00:26:39 PDT 2007

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007, Danny Kukawka wrote:

> 1) I can only point to my patch from 19.03. this year, to cleanup the
> dbus_error handling within this addon. See attached patch again.

Yes, your patch does the trick as well. Now the weird part is that
I am unable to locate your patch either in git or in the hal or
hal-commit lists. I must confess I am a total newbie when it
comes to git, but at least I have found out this branch I pulled
out is "master".

> 2) Are you sure it crash with dbus_error_free() and not by call
> dbus_error_is_set() ?

When I was investigating the problem, the GDB backtrace showed
that it did crash in dbus_error_free() right after examining the
error status with dbus_error_is_set(). However, I think this is
natural since if "error" was not initialized, it might have
contained anything and dbus_error_is_set() succeeded.

> 3) how did you compile DBus?

It's 1.0.2 shipped in Fedora 7 updates.