Rules for loading modules for tifm.

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Tue Jul 24 12:53:42 PDT 2007

When you are using the tifm modules, they generate a message when a
card is inserted. This is the message in the logs:

kernel: tifm_core: MMC/SD card detected in socket 0:1

After getting that message, I need to install the tifm_sd module.
Right now, this is the only card module, but in the future there
should be other modules for the other types of cards supported by
this chipset. (I think memory sticks will be the next one.) Would
HAL be the proper place to handle inserting the module when a SD
card is inserted, and remove the module when it is removed, or would
it be better to try and create udev rules to handle this?

Mikkel