Acer Aspire 6510 suspend to ram video quirks patch

Doncho N. Gunchev gunchev at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 06:21:50 PDT 2007

Reporting as advised from
  http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/quirk/quirk-report.html :

Here's what I did for my Acer Aspire 5610. I have no idea how it was working
before (suspend to ram) with FC6, but with FC7 I need this and the pm-utils
from FC8 ;-) to make the display wake up. If I don't use
'pm-suspend --quirks-vbe-post' everything works but the display is dark.
I can pm-suspend, wake it up, 'pm-suspend --quirks-vbe-post' and then
after the resume the screen is full with blinking strange characters (one
character all over the screen).

My hardware profile @ smolt.fedoraproject.org :
  http://smolt.fedoraproject.org/show?UUID=5ca38507-5e19-47a5-b620-9b12ba742d71

(PP: reply to me directly, I don't read the list.)

--
Regards,
  Doncho N. Gunchev, GPG key ID: 0EF40B9E, Key server: pgp.mit.edu