[patch] add keymap data to make random laptop vendor keys work

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Fri Jun 1 13:13:51 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-30 at 13:50 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> The consensus seems to be that putting this in HAL is too high up in the
> stack, and that using a udev rules is best.

Is that the consensus? I must have missed the memo. Then again, we've
already all wasted too much time discussing something as simple as this;
so if you really

 - yet another upstream project; with
 - yet another tarball; and
 - yet another RPM / Deb package for each OS distribution; and
 - yet another place to track bugs upstream and downstream; and
 - yet another place for folks to submit quirks

for something that is *trivial* to add to HAL *already*, then by all
means, be my guest and go ahead.

Good luck,
David