hal-info quirk patch for Acer TravelMate 380

osma ahvenlampi oa at iki.fi
Sat Jun 2 09:40:12 PDT 2007

On 5/31/07, Danny Kukawka <danny.kukawka at web.de> wrote:
> On Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2007, osma ahvenlampi wrote:
> > This model (Pentium M / Intel 852GM) is no longer being sold, but the
> > patch makes things work for me and replaced my previous hacked-up
> > scripts:
>
> Work this quirks only under X.org or also from console?

That set of quirks was based on the things I had needed to do in my
previous suspend script under FC6. I took a look at the discussions in
the ml archive, and iterated through the various quirk settings. It
turns out I only need to have --quirk-s3-mode in order to function
under Xorg, but no set of quirks re-enables console at resume. I
suspect the fact that Xorg works is related to the new 'intel' Xorg
driver -- my previous FC6 config was a combination of vbe post,
vbestate restore, fb console and the i810 driver.

--
Osma Ahvenlampi   <oa at iki.fi>       http://www.fishpool.org