Matching problems

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 14:50:57 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-05 at 16:13 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-06-05 at 18:42 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> > I get yyyyyyyyy merged but not zzzzzzzzzzz or xxxxxxxxxx. I smell a
> > matching bug somewhere, anyone got any ideas?
>
> I bet laptop_panel is on the computer root device and the UDI isn't set
> that early. So that's why only yyyyyyyyyy is merged. We should probably
> special case that; e.g. set the UDI for the computer root device at
> temporary device object creation time. Makes sense?

No, don't think this is correct.

I've been tracing this, and it appears that when we do the match against
smbios.system.manufacturer then the following properties are on computer
are as follows:

 device udi = /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer
  system.kernel.name = 'Linux'  (string)
  system.kernel.machine = 'i686'  (string)
  info.bus = 'unknown'  (string)
  info.udi = '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer'  (string)
  info.subsystem = 'unknown'  (string)
  info.product = 'Computer'  (string)
  system.kernel.version = '2.6.21-1.3194.fc7'  (string)

This leads me to think that we are not actually waiting for the dmi
prober to finish before we do the fdi scanning, and are thus not
matching.

Richard.