[patch] initial OLPC battery and ac_adapter device support

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 15:57:40 PDT 2007

Attached patch adds the battery and ac_adapter objects into the HAL
device tree, using the power-supply kernel class.

Long term, the file reading functions probably need to be split into
util_file.{c|h} and really need unit test cases. This is on my todo.

The battery code looks like it needs modularization for apm, acpi and
apm, although this is hopefully being converted to power_supply in the
kernel, making any big refactoring of HAL battery code unnecessary.

Attached patch makes my OLPC B3 work with HAL.

Please review,

Richard.