Don't set keymap if already set

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at hmh.eng.br
Fri Jun 8 06:59:58 PDT 2007

On Fri, 08 Jun 2007, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> Also, I don't see why Henrique wants to see this feature in the first
> place? Is he afraid that HAL would break already properly set up

I don't want anyone overriding a keymap set by the system administrator.
Now, I didn't know about HAL working around bugs in the kernel (and it IS a
bug in the kernel, if a key mapped by the kernel is not always right, it
should be using KEY_UNKNOWN).  That would be a problem, yes.

> keycodes? If so this would probably be a bug in an .fdi file -- and
> should be fixed there.

Depends on what is your viewpoint about HAL overriding configurations done
by the system administrator, and also wether HAL is going to reprogram the
keymap, or just translate KEY_UNKNOWN keycodes on the fly.

  Henrique Holschuh