CK D-Bus docs

William Jon McCann mccann at jhu.edu
Fri Mar 9 08:49:51 PST 2007

Hi,

I've started adding documentation to ConsoleKit and I came up with
something that might be of use to others.

Hopefully I haven't just reinvented a wheel but I wrote a little tool
to turn D-Bus glib .xml files into DocBook refentries.

http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=ConsoleKit.git;a=blob;hb=HEAD;f=doc/docize-dbus-xml.sh
http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=ConsoleKit.git;a=blob_plain;f=doc/docbook-dbus.xsl

It seems to work pretty well.  The only thing left to do is to figure
out a way to get descriptions and annotate methods/args etc.  Can we
just add these as comments in the dbus-glib .xml in a similar way that
we comment .c code?  Has this all been solved already and I wasted my
time? :)  What do you think?

Thanks,
Jon