Controller misdetection

Anders Norrbring lists at norrbring.se
Sat Mar 10 14:11:35 PST 2007

Danny Kukawka skrev:
> On Samstag, 10. März 2007, Anders Norrbring wrote:
>> First, I'm not sure this list is the right forum..
>> I installed a Highpoint Rocketraid 1820 SATA raid onto my SUSE 10.1
>> system, and HAL identified it as a "Marvell MV88SX5081 8-port SATA I
>> PCI-X Controller", which it isn't.. So, my SUSE system refuse to load
>> the correct driver for it..
>>
>> How can I edit the HAL system to correctly identify the controller, and
>> suggest the correct driver module?
>
> HAL don't load any drivers (I assume you mean a kernel module). If you
> have a problem with this, report a bug to the Novell/SUSE bugzilla:
> http://en.opensuse.org/Mailing_Lists
>
> Danny

I'm aware of that, but the consequense of a HAL detection is that it
loads the wrong kernel module.
Is there a way to verify that HAL is without fail here, what I mean is;
can I verify that HAL really detects the correct hardware?

I'm not used to look around HAL since it has always worked for me.

--

Anders Norrbring
Norrbring Consulting