HAL Crasher

Frederic Crozat fcrozat at mandriva.com
Thu Mar 15 01:04:09 PDT 2007

Le jeudi 15 mars 2007 à 00:11 +0000, Richard Hughes a écrit :
> On Thu, 2007-03-15 at 00:06 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> > HAL really shouldn't crash. I've got no time to debug this now. Release
> > blocker?

Well, it is a "known" issue we discovered at Mandriva last week while
pushing the last bits of HAL / pm-utils for 2007.1 :

Basically, any hald script outputting something on stderr will cause
hald to abort.

In your case, one of the pm-utils script wasn't migrated correctly to
the supposed FHS compliant way and you get shell error and boom.

For now, I'm workarounded that in our package by forcing 2>/dev/null in
all calls to pm-utils, but I confess it is really ugly.

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat at mandriva.com>
Mandriva