How do I modify hal to mount my usb device in utf?

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Fri Mar 23 12:03:03 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-23 at 08:50 -0700, Xamindar wrote:
> First, am I even asking in the right place?
>
> I have a japanese music device (zaurus) and I need it to be mounted with
> a certain codepage in order for the japanese named music files that I
> want to put on it to show up correctly.  What do I modify to get it to
> mount that way?  Is there a list of devices and how they are mounted
> anywhere?

HAL is only a mechanism, choosing options happen in the desktop. If
you're using Fedora Core 6 and GNOME, gnome-mount is the program and

 # yum install gnome-mount-nautilus-properties
 # killall nautilus

should enable you to right click a volume to get to something as ugly
(need to redesign that UI as this

 http://people.freedesktop.org/~david/gm-prop/gm-prop2.png

Good luck,
David