0.5.9rc2

Gabriel C nix.or.die at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 26 18:38:06 PDT 2007

David Zeuthen wrote:
> Here's the 0.5.9rc2 release leading up to HAL 0.5.9.
>
>  http://people.freedesktop.org/~david/dist/hal-0.5.9.rc2.tar.gz
>  http://people.freedesktop.org/~david/dist/hal-info-20070326.tar.gz
>
> >From now on only bugfixes etc. will be committed until 0.5.9 is out.
> Please test this and provide feedback + patches. Thanks!
>
>      David

Hi,

I've tested rc2 today and so far everything looks fine , no crahes or
the like :)

Aynway I've found some bugs.

Something is broken with the build system ..

While building with fakeroot ( with or without autoreconf ) hal does not
get my CHOST anymore on a i686 box. Huch ?
( adding --host , --build , --target  to configure  solves this )
This is fine on the same box with hal 0.5.8.1.

hal-info check is missing from configure. I guess we want one  ?

--enable-umount-helper  Provide umount.hal helper

You should tell here util-linux with an patch is needed to get this
working.
(  without  hal won't  mount at all )

On autoreconf I see this :

hald/freebsd/probing/Makefile.am:32: compiling `freebsd_dvd_rw_utils.c'
with per-target flags requires `AM_PROG_CC_C_O' in `configure.in'

Finally I think you should release an PolicyKit snapshot this time.
I don't see the point to not have one but maybe I'm missing something here.

Regards,

Gabriel