Patch: remove incorrect vbestate_restore quirk for some laptops

Frederic Crozat fcrozat at mandriva.com
Thu May 10 06:49:27 PDT 2007

Le jeudi 10 mai 2007 à 11:23 +0100, Richard Hughes a écrit :
> On Wed, 2007-05-09 at 18:32 +0200, Frederic Crozat wrote:
> >
> > > Argg, you removed one of the confirmed working quirks which was
> > > committed just before by David :(
> > >
> > > Please, commit the attached patch for nc4200 quirk.
> >
> > It is better to use this patch, it adds nc4200 AND nc6120, we have
> > been
> > able to test both laptops and those quirks are working for X and
> > console
> > resume.
>
> Oops, sorry. David, is it okay to commit this sort of thing without your
> ack, or do you want to ack each one?

And here is another additional patch to add back quirk for a T42 laptop
I was able to test this morning.

I'm still not convinced it was a good idea to remove all "untested"
quirks, even if some were known to break suspend. I'm afraid we have
lost working quirks at the same time.

I'll try to ask for people to test and report success / failure with all
the laptops whose quirks have been removed.

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat at mandriva.com>
Mandriva