[patch] add more events the acpi addon

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed May 16 03:02:51 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-05-15 at 18:30 +0200, Danny Kukawka wrote:

> Okay ... this change with the T/R/X60 series. Before this series Fn+F3
> was
> dpms/display off now there is a battery icon. Any ideas how to solve
> this?
> Maybe simply ignore the event or rename to Fn+F3 instead of
> display/battery
> naming.

I think ultimately the long term plan is as follows:

1. Move as much stuff to the kernel as humanly possible
2. Where it's a 100% mapping from button to event (e.g. LOCK for FnF2
for all thinkpads) emit a known (KEY_WIFI) from an input event
3. Where it's not easy, or not trivially mappable using DMI data then
emit a common FN_F2 event over INPUT that we can map with the keybinding
application or using a custom keymap.

So long term dump the toshiba, nvram addons and that sort of thing.

I'm talking to the thinkpad_acpi maintainer and plan on adding INPUT
support in pretty soon.

Richard.