willing to contribute - so laptops suspend better - but how?

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu May 24 02:06:20 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-24 at 10:19 +0200, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> Hi,
> can you please look at the issue I'm having.
>
> I would like to help troubleshoot my laptop and then other 10 I have
> access to but I can't find how to do that.

Do any of the 10 work?

> Is there any wiki page or some other resource that I can use? Or can
> you look at this one and give me some specific pointers?

http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/quirk/ is the only
documentation for the pm-utils and hal-info quirks. There are lots of
other pages dealing with suspend - http://en.opensuse.org/S2ram is also
very good.

> I posted a bug for fedora 7 but I can't suspend this laptop also with
> Fedora Core 6 or Ubuntu Feisty - it can only suspend and resume under
> OpenSuse when I use additional options for s2ram as I wrote in my bug
> report - please read it and add your precious knowledge about this
> subject.

TBH, you should probably use the same quirks as s2ram on your machine -
assuming the kernel version is similar.

Richard.