IBM ThinkPad R52 Quirk submission

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Sat May 26 07:14:56 PDT 2007

On 5/25/07, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-05-25 at 10:08 +0200, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> > I have tested Fedora 7 Live CD and make IBM R52 work with a quirk and
> > I would like submit my findings so that IBM R52 JustWorks for other
> > people in Fedora 7.
>
> (snipping some lists)
>
> > I managed to suspend and resume 5 times from X and 2 times from
> > console1 (ctrl-alt-f1) with this quirk:
> >
> > pm-suspend --quirk-s3-bios
>
> Brilliant! Well done.
>
> Could you please test your quirk with HAL using this as a guide:
> http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/quirk/quirk-try.html

Hmm, does that mean that I need to install Fedora on these laptops? I
have fedora 7 installed on my personal laptop but all other laptops I
can only test using Fedora 7 Live CD.

Is there a way to make hal reload config files with quirks after I add
new config lines to it?

> And then submit a patch against hal-info using this guide:
> http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/quirk/quirk-report.html
>
> This way you get credit for finding the quirk. If any of the
> instructions don't make sense, please mention it, so I can make things
> clearer.
>
> > the info I collected from lshal is:
> >
> > system.hardware.vendor = 'IBM'
> > system.hardware.version = 'ThinkPad R52'
> >
> > please include this laptop as soon as possible so that Fedora 7
> > JustWorks with it when it ships.
>
> I think it's a bit late for F7 prime, but we can get this information
> into a 0-day hal-info update pretty easily.
>
> Well done for finding the quirk!
>
> Richard.
>

> --

http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/