LED devices

Danny Kukawka danny.kukawka at web.de
Wed May 30 05:21:08 PDT 2007

On Mittwoch, 30. Mai 2007, Richard Hughes wrote:
> The led framework (as is) is pretty sparse on information, and we can't
> really get many capabilities (if the light can flash, what colour the
> light is) although I'm prepared to code the kernel changes if need be.

I discussed the LED issues already with Richard Purdie (the maintainer of the
led subsystem) and wrote a patch to change the naming of the led devices in
sysfs, because I worked on a patch to handle LED devices in HAL. Richard
doesn't want to start having extra device attributes in sysfs for this. The
new changed naming would include the function and colour of the led.

I have to check if changes we discussed are already in the kernel. If so, I
could send a patch to the ML to handle LEDs via HAL - need only to include
the changes into my code (and testing).

Btw. The LED handling is not that easy because there are some devices which
have several functions via the same device in sysfs. They need to get handled
via change the trigger.

Danny