[patch] add keymap data to make random laptop vendor keys work

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed May 30 05:50:28 PDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-05-05 at 02:01 +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:

> keyfuzz is ready. dmi-id.c is almost ready for posting it for kernel
> inclusion. The last missing bit is a handful of udev rules for
> running keyfuzz based on the proper DMI info. (probably most of that
> info can be acquired from the ubuntu package). Probably we don't need
> too many rules, since vendors usually use the same set of keycodes for
> all their models.
>
> The key database would be shipped as part of the keyfuzz
> package. Also, keyfuzz will include the udev rules.

The consensus seems to be that putting this in HAL is too high up in the
stack, and that using a udev rules is best.

Okay, lets do keyfuzz. Lennart, can you add a msi udev rule into svn for
keyfuzz and then I'll do the same for ibm, lenovo and toshiba. I can
then write up a page on how others can do the same.

For background, see:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.input/1638

I've packaged version 0.2 of keyfuzz as a RPM which I'll submit to
fedora bugzilla. It would be good if we can get the udev stuff in 0.3
and then start making noise about how to fix this for other models.

Richard.