Fwd: Gstreamer support in HAL?

Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Fri Nov 2 05:55:11 PDT 2007

2007/10/31, Martin Szulecki <compiz at sukimashita.com>:
> Seems there was a v4l patch once which did not went upstream (could not
> find a reason though why it didn't).
>
> It would probably be good to have it upstream and it allows you to
> differ between the capabilities you described.
>
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/hal/2007-June/008780.html

This only seems to only partially address the issue. I'd like to be
able to ask for all devices that are cameras.

Here's the mentioned script in Python and some sample output for my
proposed fix for the first problem (not wanting to probe all devices
on startup as it takes a lot of time for each V4L driver). It also
merges a correct name for each detected device (instead of a generic
name assigned by HAL).

--
Patryk Zawadzki
PLD Linux Distribution