Hide a disk?

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Fri Nov 16 19:16:38 PST 2007

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 07:44:08 -0800
"Dan Nicholson" <dbn.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> The alternative is to put some policy in /etc/hal/fdi/policy to set
> volume.ignore to true. This rule (installed on most distros) is for
> ignoring fixed drives, but you can probably find proper match keys by
> looking at your lshal output.

OK, I added not only the no-fixed-drives.fdi file to stop Fedora
mounting all the partitions I deliberately left out of the fstab,
but I also tweaked a copy of it to match the volume.label string
on the usb disk I don't want it to mount, and it all seems to
be working perfectly now. I can put in a USB stick or a CD and
they get mounted, but the other drives stay unmounted.

Thanks!