Gstreamer support in HAL?

Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Mon Nov 19 06:30:25 PST 2007

2007/10/31, Martin Szulecki <compiz at sukimashita.com>:
> Seems there was a v4l patch once which did not went upstream (could not
> find a reason though why it didn't).
>
> It would probably be good to have it upstream and it allows you to
> differ between the capabilities you described.
>
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/hal/2007-June/008780.html

Are there any plans on merging the patch? It looks very useful.

Now for my proposition of also exposing gstreamer capabilities of
multimedia devices, attached is a set of fdi files for some webcams
and tv tuners.

Does it make sense? Is it possible to merge this with hal-info? I
opted not to probe this info upon device discovery as many v4l v1
devices take a while to initialize and thus the detecting part could
easily take up to half a minute.

Waiting for comments.

--
Patryk Zawadzki