No keyboard after suspend & resume

David Campbell david at pastornet.net.au
Fri Nov 23 16:26:08 PST 2007

Hi,

I have a Clevo D870P notebook running fedora 8, kernel 2.6.23.1-49.fc8
and I usually use an external keyboard (PS2 connection).

However I find that when I suspend the notebook and then resume out of
suspend, neither keyboards work most times.  The same was true under
fedora 7.

If I then proceed to unplug the external keyboard and plug it back in
again, then both keyboards work and dmesg reports something like:
    input: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard as /class/input/input11

I can't see any other related messages logged.

How can I diagnose and solve such a problem?

Regards,
-- Dave