hp tx1000 hal-info keymap patch

rehan khan rehan.khan at dsl.pipex.com
Sun Nov 18 14:57:25 PST 2007

 <<hal-info-keymap-hp-tx1000.patch>>

Well I hope I have done this right. Attached is a patch file for the HP
tx1000 series. I have a tx1340ea but I think the keymap will work on
most tx1000 laptops.

One problem I had with the keymap was the DVD and PC/PVR mappings. I
took these from the sorted list and referred to the input.h on my
machine (kernel 2.6.23). One button starts a DVD player and the Other
button starts a media player in media mode. Not sure what I did wrong
but they are still showing up in /var/log/messages as being unmapped.

Another oddity is that I have a single button that switches on and off
the touchpad. This is a dedicated button located just above the
touchpad. Pressing it does produce the keycodes however adding it to the
hal-info would only mean that the error messages don't show up in the
log file. Can this be used somehow to switch off the touchpad
automatically when the laptop is switched to tabletpc mode (the screen
rotates and covers the touchpad. This might add an extra couple of
minutes to the battery life :-)

Please consider adding this to the keymap for HP.

Cheers
Rehan Khan