Problems installing PolKit 0.3 + hal-0.5.9.1

Alf mel alf at mypals.org
Tue Oct 2 07:26:34 PDT 2007

I'm trying to install PolKit 0.3 from source, but I am running into a few
problems.  I hope this is the place to report bugs.

The first problem seems a bit cosmetic.  I am configuring PolKit with the
following configure flags:

  ./configure --prefix=/usr --localstatedir=/var --sysconfdir=/etc \
    --disable-dockbooks --with-polkit-user=polkit --with-polkit-group=polkit

Everything configures fine and builds fine.  However, when installing (using
the DESTDIR=/foo) everything is installed under /usr including /usr/var
and /usr/etc.

The second issue (and this is the main reason I am posting) is that
libpolkit.h is not installed.  libpolkit.so is installed in /usr/lib, but
there is no libpolkit.h installed anywhere.  hal-0.5.9.1 doesn't build due
to the missing libpolkit.h:

  addon-cpufreq.c:43:23: error: libpolkit.h: No such file or directory
  addon-cpufreq.c: In function 'dbus_is_privileged':
  addon-cpufreq.c:924: error: 'LibPolKitContext' undeclared (first use in
  this function)

(and so forth).

Any help on these issues would be greatly appreciated.

--
@ - Alf