questions about pam_ck_connector

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Thu Oct 4 03:00:30 PDT 2007

Hello,

I would like to use the pam_ck_connector pam module in a display manager,
and I have 1 demand and 2 questions:

* I think the kind of value that should be in
CKCON_TTY, CKCON_X11_DISPLAY and CKCON_X11_DISPLAY_DEVICE
should be documented. Unless I am wrong, CKCON_TTY should hold a tty
device file like /dev/tty7, and CKCON_X11_DISPLAY should hold a display
number. Like :0, or :0.0? And what should be in CKCON_X11_DISPLAY_DEVICE?
Looking at the consolekit documentation, it seems that it is the tty
for the X11 display. Isn't it the same than CKCON_TTY?

* looking at the code, it seems that CKCON_X11_DISPLAY should be set
right from PAM_TTY. Looking at the NEWS, I see
        * Add new helper for getting tty from DISPLAY (William Jon McCann)
Does it mean that if the display manager sets PAM_TTY to be the display,
like :0, the module should work fine?

--
Pat