keymap: Acer TravelMate 6292 query

Carlos Corbacho cathectic at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 11:22:31 PDT 2007

Osma,

As you submitted the original patch for the TravelMate 6292
(http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/hal/2007-August/009347.html), is the
match on "6292" for product correct?

I ask because of all the Acer laptops I've come across, dmidecode only returns
the series number, where the last digit is always 0.

i.e.

I would have expected "dmidecode --string system-product-name" to
return "TravelMate 6290", not "TravelMate 6292" for your laptop

(With Acer laptops, the last digit usually always refers to some build time
options, but as far as Acer are concerned BIOS wise, all such laptops are
identical).

(If the original entry is correct (e.g. dmidecode really _does_
return "TravelMate 6292"), then a note should be left in the keymap file
saying that "Yes, this is correct, it's just an odd one".)

-Carlos
E-Mail: cathectic at gmail.com
Web: strangeworlds.co.uk
GPG Key ID: 0x23EE722D