Problems installing PolKit 0.3 + hal-0.5.9.1

Alf mel alf at mypals.org
Wed Oct 17 07:30:41 PDT 2007

On Tuesday 02 October 2007 09:02:17 am you wrote:
> I think you probably want to try at least PolicyKit-0.5. Things
> changed considerably since that version.

Thanks.  I was looking in the wrong place for updates.  Sorry it took me so
long to reply, but I've been busy at work and out of town.

I tried PolKit 0.6 and if failed on compile.  When building the man pages
the Makefile in doc/man runs the following:

 /usr/bin/xsltproc -nonet \
  http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl \
  polkit-grant.xml

Basically it is asking xslt to use an internet resource and told at the same
time that it should not grab internet resources.  A simple sed to the
Makefile after configure removing the -nonet flag works.  However, it takes
a while to build this man page, and it downloads a significant amount of
xsl files off the net.  Is it possible to simply include the man page with
the source?

The problems with file locations were at my end.  I guess that's what I get
trying to do this so late at night. :-)

libpolkit.h was still not installed.  I haven't tried building hal against
it yet, but I will try in the next few days with the latest version.
--
@ - Alf