Quirks for suspend on Acer TravelMate 3260

Rohan Dhruva rohandhruva at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 07:40:59 PDT 2007

Hi,

I use Acer TravelMate 3260. I used Richard's excellent HAL Quirks Site
(thanks for that !) and found that my laptop needs the following
quirks -
--quirk-vbemode-restore and --quirk-vbe-post

after that, suspend works out of box, from within X too. I used Fedora
7 to test it. I'm sorry but I am not expert enough to create patches.
Checking the gitweb interface, these 2 quirks are also required by
TravelMate 3000 and 4100 too, so it's just a matter of adding 3260 to
that list :)

Here's some more info --
dmidecode --string system-manufacturer
Acer, inc.
and
dmidecode --string system-product-name
TravelMate 3260

Hope that helps. If i need to provide any more info please tell me.

Thanks and regards,
--
Rohan Dhruva