Thinkpad T61 special keys

Jan Hutař jhutar at redhat.com
Mon Oct 22 00:28:12 PDT 2007

Hello,
I have tried to get codes for special keys on LENOVO Thinkpad T61, but I'm not sure, if I understand the thing correctly: I have used gnome-keybinding-properties to "detect" codes generated by special keys. Even with "thinkpad-acpi" module loaded, I was not able to detect some key-codes: mute (works to mute, not to unmute), touchpadtoggle, undock and ThinkLight (works).

# lshal | grep system.hardware
  system.hardware.primary_video.product = 10754  (0x2a02)  (int)
  system.hardware.primary_video.vendor = 32902  (0x8086)  (int)
  system.hardware.product = '6464Y1R'  (string)
  system.hardware.serial = 'xxxxxxx'  (string)
  system.hardware.uuid = 'xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx'  (string)
  system.hardware.vendor = 'LENOVO'  (string)
  system.hardware.version = 'ThinkPad T61'  (string)

Probably I'm completely wrong. Seems to me all keys works same as before (though values were changed). Also "lshal | grep keymap" does not list any line.

Thank you in advance,
Jan

--
Jan Hutar   Quality Assurance Engineer