kernel 2.6.24 - Doubled number of batteries with ACPI_PROCFS

Andrey Borzenkov arvidjaar at mail.ru
Sat Oct 27 09:58:20 PDT 2007

In kernel 2.6.24-rc1 if I turn on ACPI_PROCFS number of batteries in HAL is
doubled; it gets them once via sysfs and once via /proc. Because there may be
legal reasons to enable ACPI_PROCFS for compatibility and because there is no
way to disable sysfs entries it would be nice if HAL could detect those
duplicates. What I am not exactly sure, how. After all we may have non-ACPI
batteries in sysfs and ACPI ones in procfs ...

-andrey