haldaemon and device discovery

Doug Goldstein cardoe at gentoo.org
Fri Sep 7 11:35:49 PDT 2007

Greg Allen wrote:

> I have figured out my problem and have made some general changes to the
> daemon code so these devices are recognized.
>

> What is the mechanism for getting these changes into the source tree?
>
> Is there someone I should send them to for review and comment?
>

> Thanks,
>

> -- Greg Allen

Copying and pasting a similar e-mail I sent this morning....

The best thing to do would be to provide a diff against the current
master branch files, rather then a whole acpi.c file.

http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=hal.git;a=blob;f=HACKING

Provides a terse explaination of how to use git to pull the latest master.

You would submit your patches to the mailing list.