PolicyKit 0.8

Doug Goldstein cardoe at gentoo.org
Thu Apr 17 06:11:50 PDT 2008

David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 23:06 -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
>> On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 22:15 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Here's a new PolicyKit release
>>>
>>> http://hal.freedesktop.org/releases/PolicyKit-0.8.tar.gz
>> I sent a whole bunch of PK patches months ago for FreeBSD support (as
>> well as other portability fixes).  Why weren't they included?  Having to
>> patch locally makes my life a lot harder.
>
> Oh crap, I'm sorry about that. I did remember seeing those patches. The
> ugly truth is that I wasn't paying enough attention to the this list

<snip>

This goes back to the same thing me and several others have been
complaining about on list and off list for ages. There's no community
involvement. Bugzilla exists for a reason but those patches and reports
sit there ignored indefinitely and then any discussion or patches on the
ML go ignored. All we've got are code drops.

Feels like I say the same thing every release.

--
Doug Goldstein <cardoe at gentoo.org>
http://dev.gentoo.org/~cardoe/