PolicyKit 0.8

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Thu Apr 17 23:12:20 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 23:39 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 23:06 -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> > On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 22:15 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Here's a new PolicyKit release
> > >
> > > http://hal.freedesktop.org/releases/PolicyKit-0.8.tar.gz
> >
> > I sent a whole bunch of PK patches months ago for FreeBSD support (as
> > well as other portability fixes).  Why weren't they included?  Having to
> > patch locally makes my life a lot harder.
>
> Oh crap, I'm sorry about that. I did remember seeing those patches. The
> ugly truth is that I wasn't paying enough attention to the this list
> because I was busy both getting gvfs work done for GNOME 2.22 and lots
> of traveling/vacation in January and February. If you resend the patches
> I'll review/commit them ASAP. And, FWIW, there's going to be a 0.9
> release pretty soon as there's some more patches from SUN (for native
> RBAC support) in the pipe too.

I have ported PK 0.8 to FreeBSD, and I updated the patchset.  The URL is
the same, but the patches should all apply to git master.  Note: I
reverted the Solaris clearenv patch in favor of my original portability
patch.  I also fixed a Solaris-related typo in configure.in.

http://www.marcuscom.com/downloads/pk/

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team      ::      gnome at FreeBSD.org