Quirk breaks sleep on Dell Inspiron 6400 with ATI x1400 graphics.

Trevor Campbell trevor at imprezzeo.com
Sat Apr 19 17:57:59 PDT 2008

I just upgraded to Mandriva 2008.1 and the standard quirks file breaks
suspend.

 20-video-quirk-pm-dell.fdi contains
 <!-- Dell Inspiron 640m, XPS M1210,
           Dell Inspiron E1505 (MM061), note: there are reports for
s2ram that no quirks needed-->
      <match key="system.hardware.product"
contains_outof="MXC061;MXC062;MM061">
        <merge key="power_management.quirk.vbe_post"
type="bool">true</merge>
      </match>
This breaks sleep.  Sleep works just fine without it.

This model is supplied with at least 2 different graphics adapters: one
Intel and one ATI.  Mine is ATI.  I cannot see how a quirks file based
on model numbers can ever work properly.

Regard
Trevor