Another timing issue w/ HAL and sysfs

Drew Moseley dmoseley at mvista.com
Tue Dec 9 12:35:46 PST 2008

Hi all,

I am now seeing a pnp device coming up with the driver field set incorrectly.
In the failure scenario I do not see an info.linux.driver field whereas after
a hal restart that field is set.  I can run a tight bash loop and see the
scenario where the /sys/devices/pnp/00:00 directory exists but no driver link
in that directory.

I don't see an obvious place in the kernel source where this is created any
differently for pnp devices versus other devices.  Is this a known limitation
requiring a retry in HAL?  Anyone else seen this?

Drew