policykit dependency????

Kay Schenk kschenk at csuchico.edu
Mon Dec 1 15:37:22 PST 2008

You don't list PolicyKit as a hal dependency but on my SuSE setups it's
included and used. There seems to be LOTS of discussion in the archives
so I'm assuming it IS required, but NOTHING on the web page itself.

It would be nice if someone trying to find out more wouldn't have to be
left in the dark about all this.  Also, can you PLEASE elaborate,
delineate on ALL hal "events/objects" that would use policykit? I used
the example on my system to "guess" at what needed to be done to fix
something but it would be nice if, again, I wouldn't need to spend days
trying to get to basically simple information.

Thanks.
Kay Schenk

"Education: that which reveals to the wise,
  and conceals from the stupid,
  the vast limits of their knowledge."
                           -- Mark Twain