HAL not finding devices on start

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Tue Dec 23 23:59:38 PST 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-23 at 10:50 +0100, Patryk Zawadzki wrote:
> 2008/12/23 Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazqueznet at gmail.com>:
> > On Tue, 2008-12-23 at 19:52 +1300, Simon Geard wrote:
> >> Any idea what might be missing? Kernel is 2.6.27.10, hal 0.5.11, udev
> >> 130... not sure if anything else is relevant...
> > Did you install hal-info?
>
> And just as important questions: does your HAL use udevsettle? If so,
> does your udev ship such a binary?

Yes, hal-info is installed, version 20081022. The same version of hal
and hal-info are used on my current working system.

As for udevsettle, no, I don't. My current system (on udev-122) has it
as a symlink to udevadm, which is present on the new system - I think
they must have stopped creating the symlink by the time they released
130...

What do you mean, though, by "does my HAL use udevsettle"? I can't find
any reference in the HAL source code to that command...

Simon.