hal and keymap quirks

Danny Kukawka danny.kukawka at web.de
Fri Feb 22 08:18:19 PST 2008

On Freitag, 22. Februar 2008, Zdenek Prikryl wrote:
> Hello,
> according this page:
> http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/quirk/quirk-keymap-try.html
> the command "$ lshal | grep keypam" should print a keymap.

lshal | grep keymap

> But on a laptop
> Lenovo T6{0,1} it doesn't print anything. So, is there an error on a web
> page or in hal?

--> already fixed via:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/hal-commit/2008-February/004155.html

> I'd like to use hal's script to suspend
> (/usr/lib/hal/scripts/hal-system-power-suspend-linux). As I found in the
> fdi file 30-keynap-modeula-thinkpad-acpi.fdi, there is a mapping already.

There is no mapping. Your desktop environment (e.g. KPowersave for KDE or gpm
for the other desktop) have to react on the key and, if configured, call the
suspend via HAL

> But if I push fn4 then the laptop will not suspend. I'm not very familiar
> with this part of hal, so could anyone push me in right way?

Check your desktop env/tools.