HAL Callouts

Thanh Tran ttran7700 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 28 05:54:47 PST 2008

I wrote a script which is called out by my fdi file
whenever a usb drive is detected.  I have the script
write out a log file and start my executable.  I can
see the log. The script is being called. However, I do
not see my executable started.

#!/bin/sh

case $HALD_ACTION in
   add)
   echo >> "Loading now.." /tmp/log.txt
   cd /usr/libexec
   ./MyTestApp
   ;;
esac

The test app was just a little binary written in C
code which ran in a loop until the keyboard is
pressed.  Do I need to write the code in specific
manner?  I checked the permissions and they match the
others in the path.  The code does nothing special; I
wouldn't imagine it's a user group issue.  I'm at a
lost.  Sorry for re-posting.  Thanks.