[hal-info] Add Mobile Media Tech no-name music player

Martin Pitt martin at piware.de
Thu Feb 28 09:30:27 PST 2008

Hi Danny,

Danny Kukawka [2008-02-28 18:00 +0100]:
> Hm, I would be carefully with adding noname USB music player. We had in the
> past some trouble with such devices because they used generic USB chips which
> are also used in other USB-sticks. Do you know the vendor of the chip?

No, I never heard of "Mobile Media Tech" before. There are no known
devices on the Linux USB database [1].

I googled for some other databases, and found another mention of music
players [2][3], and nothing else (unlike for example the recent case
of the reverted 0x05e3:0x0702, which is common as an IDE controller,
or the "Feiya memory bar" (090c:1000), which both appear on either or
both of these databases as non-music player).  So I thought it would
be reasonably safe to add it.

However, I understand if you want to hold this back for now. I can
leave it applied to Ubuntu for a while and see how it turns out.

Thanks,

Martin

[1] http://www.linux-usb.org/usb.ids
[2] http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/search_res.php?pattern=1011&submit=Search
[3] http://listing.driveragent.com/usb/1011/

My 5 today: #180364 (ocamlnet, pkg-create-dbgsym), #146434 (xchat-gnome,
xchat), #186569 (glib2.0), #193971 (tmispell-voikko), #152803 (belocs-
locales-bin)
Do 5 a day - every day! https://wiki.ubuntu.com/5-A-Day