ConsoleKit 0.2.4

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 19:15:52 PST 2008

2008/1/24, Matthias Clasen <matthias.clasen at gmail.com>:
> On Jan 23, 2008 9:05 PM, Michael Biebl <mbiebl at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I still see no reason why this should be put into CK. Wasn't CK about
> > tracking user sessions and seats? Imo this functionality doesn't
> > belong into CK.
> >

> One reason is that you want to use knowledge about sessions and logged
> in users when deciding how to respond to a reboot request, e.g. don't
> allow the reboot right away when there are multiple active sessions
> (well, maybe allow it anyway if all the other sessions are xdmcp
> sessions). This information already lives in ConsoleKit, so
> it seems like a good place to handle the reboot request.

Well, CK was conceived to provide this kind of information. So e.g.
HAL can easily query them before executing the shutdown request.
There is no good reason why the reboot/stop functionality has to be
put into CK. It only violates the layer boundaries for no good reason.

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?