Fw: HAL creates non-remobeable desktop icon

mynullvoid mynullvoid at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 26 08:17:41 PST 2008

Hi all,

After I installed ivman and HAL, I found that even my non-removeable partition shortcuts shown on my desktop, and even it is shown, when I double-click the shortcut, it shown empty content if the filesystem is ntfs.

At the moment I had disable HAL and IVMAN to get rid of those icons, but I would love what ubuntu or knoppix have where all the drive will be shown and we are able to mount it by double-click at the desktop shortcut.

1. How can I fix my HAL so that it only automount selected drive?
2. Can I have like knoppix or ubuntu have where we can mount any drive by double-click it and the partition can be mounted and any type of filesystem will be shown.

Please assist.

Thank you