PolicyKit

Ben Gamari (FOSS) bgamari at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 10:34:44 PDT 2008

Hey all,

Recently, I've been having some issues with policykit (from git)
refusing to grant me privileges. Is there any reason why the following
should not work?

> ben at mercury /opt/exp/PolicyKit/polkitd $ polkit-auth --obtain org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.suspend
> Attempting to obtain authorization for org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.suspend.
> polkit-grant-helper: given auth type (8 -> yes) is bogus
> Failed to obtain authorization for org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.suspend.
> Attempting to obtain authorization for org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.suspend.
> polkit-grant-helper: given auth type (8 -> yes) is bogus
> Failed to obtain authorization for org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.suspend.

Looking at the code, it seems as if POLKIT_RESULT_YES is not listed as a
valid result in verify_with_polkit. Is there a reason for this?

Thanks,

- Ben