hal and locale

Adrian von Bidder avbidder at fortytwo.ch
Mon Jun 2 22:59:23 PDT 2008

Hi,

On Sunday 01 June 2008 23.25:05 David Zeuthen wrote:
> Apart from the fact that
> lots of people asked for a "Configure Mount Option" feature in
> gnome-mount which I reluctantly added. The options are that people asked
> for this because they were either a) using a misconfigured system; or b)
> because there really is a need for it. My money is on a) but I'd be
> happy to add it if someone can explain to me that I'm wrong. Thanks!

The mount option I'm trying to set in vain for ages (from KDE, though, not
gnome.  Still, if you know how please tell me ...) is umask=0007 instead of
whatever is used currently to mount removable devices.  charset hasn't been
a big issue so far.

Reason is that when files are copied from removable drives to our (NFS, ACL)
company storage, group acl's don't take effect because the group permission
bits are not set on these files (stupidity in how Posix ACLs work?)  Now if
that's simply a misconfiguration on my part I'd love to hear that, too.

cheers
-- vbi

--
Could this mail be a fake? (Answer: No! - http://fortytwo.ch/gpg/intro)