Suspend video quirk for Lenovo R61 product 7733WAQ

Brouard Nicolas Nicolas.Brouard at libertysurf.fr
Wed Mar 5 01:13:50 PST 2008

Le mardi 04 mars 2008 à 12:19 -0800, Dan Nicholson a écrit :
> On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 8:46 AM, Brouard Nicolas
> <nicolas.brouard at libertysurf.fr> wrote:
> >
> >  Also on my model, the ath_pci doesn't resume correctly and we need
> >   # modprobe -r ath_pci && modprobe ath_pci
> >
> >  to have the wifi working after resuming (it is well known from madwifi).
> >   Other modules resume well now (with recent kernels).
>
> For this one, you can configure pm-utils (called by hal) to handle
> this at suspend/resume time.
>
> echo 'SUSPEND_MODULES="$SUSPEND_MODULES ath_pci"' > /etc/pm/config.d/madwifi

OK, that's better that what I did:  I put it
in /etc/pm/config.d/defaults
(there is no more any manual for pm-suspend.1, just a README which is
not distributed with standard distributions and which doesn't really
explain this in details).

With your /etc/pm/config.d/madwifi file, does it mean that the module
will be unloaded only when it is already loaded (that does not matter
so) but loaded after resuming only if it was loaded before (ie not
systematically).

Any reason why ath_pci doesn't resume? About 2 years ago, kernel people
screened all modules in order to make them suspending and resuming
correctly. And it worked. Why not ath_pci, proprietary code ?